Company Description: Smart Serve Ontario is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing and delivering responsible alcohol service training to all individuals who serve alcoholic beverages or work where alcoholic beverage are sold or served in the province of Ontario. Established in 1995, Smart Serve Ontario works closely with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario to deliver training for the Ontario hospitality industry.
Smart Serve Safety Tips
• Be a good friend. Never leave without those you came with and always pre-plan a safe ride home.
• Never drink on an empty stomach. Eating protein-rich foods before drinking helps to absorb and hold the alcohol in the stomach longer and slow down the rate at which it is absorbed into the blood stream.
• Size does matter. People who are smaller and weigh less will feel the effects of alcohol more quickly because they have less tissue to absorb it.
• If your date or "friend" offers to get you a drink, accompany him or her to the bar and watch the bartender make the drink.
• Never leave your drink unattended. If you leave your drink unattended, get a new one.
• The best way to prevent hangovers is to drink in moderation. Know your limit and stay within it.
• Stay hydrated. Since alcohol is a diuretic, it’s very important to drink plenty of water before, during and after you drink alcohol.
• Avoid caffeine and energy drinks. These types of drinks mask effects of alcohol, and you may drink more than you would otherwise.
• Space your drinks to no more than one drink per hour by sipping your drink slowly. Make every other drink a nonalcoholic one, preferably a non-carbonated beverage